Software Engineer (Java/REST/Spring JDBC)–17000E2
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
We are looking for developers who understand and have a passion for technology and it’s application to Garmin products and their integration with all aspects of the Garmin platform. That is why anyone we hire must have solid programming experience using Java and Oracle
You will develop API’s, which are scalable, supportable, and reliable that service the entire Garmin ecosystem. You will participate in the full lifecycle of development from conception, analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment, and use Garmin and Third Party Developer APIs to support innovative features across Garmin devices, web, and mobile platforms.
You will also be responsible for performing builds and deployments to various testing and development environments, building and maintenance of automated build and deployment tools (strong skills in subversion, GIT, Jenkins, Rundeck are preferred) and use your skills to design, develop and perform continuous improvements to the current build and development process.
Qualified candidates will also possess the following education, experience and skills:
- A Bachelor of Science or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from a four-year college or university with a minimum 3.0 GPA, or five years’ experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description.
- Essential functions include programming experience using Java, Spring, REST, UNIX commands, shell scripting and messaging
- Must possess relevant experience with web standards, usability, and accessibility principles
- Significant experience with Spring JDBC (3+ years) and REST Services (recently written 10+ services)
- Expert computer skills (Mac and PC)
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Must be flexible and able to work effectively and proactively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must have good organization skills and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Teamwork among other Engineering IT staff is a must as well as the ability to work with limited assistance, regardless of project size.
- We love to see experience with JMS, Hbase, Tomcat, JBOSS, Rabbit MQ, Oracle / Exadata, and FIT SDK.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
With more than 11,500 associates in 60 offices around the world, we bring GPS navigation and wearable technology to the automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets. We think every day is an opportunity to innovate, and a chance to beat yesterday.